Monday, 21 November 2016

Bumpdate - Weeks 26-36!

Well! Here we are in the third trimester. 
I can't believe how fast time has gone. It feels like it's dragged on but flown by at the same time, ya know?!?! It's almost to the point where it feels surreal- like, you just stay pregnant forever, right? This baby doesn't actually come out of my belly, right? It has been so fun to watch my body change over the past 8 months- here's a little glimpse into the past 10 weeks! (P.S- I totally thought I would be better at taking WEEKLY photos. Didn't happen. This was the best that I could do, haha!)


Week 26! (Being 37 weeks pregnant right now, looking back 

at my 26 week belly makes me giggle... it was so... little!

Week 27!

Week 28! Okay- don't judge this super awkward
selfie pic. Thomas and I were trying to pick out an
outfit to wear for our maternity photos. So we were
trying on a bunch of outfits and sending them to our
photographer. And Tom was sporting this really nasty
moustache that I despised. It finally came off. In
October. For my birthday. What a gentleman.

Week 30! This was the ultimate winner for our maternity photos.
I tried going with the whole "fall theme" of yellows, tans, burgundies,
etc. But I just couldn't pull myself away from the bright colors and
bling. They will forever be my weakness.
Week 30! This is my favorite photo from our maternity photoshoot. A
special shout out goes to Emma E. Photography for taking our photos! 
We did this photoshoot on my birthday- and I spoiled myself by going to
Sen Studios to have my hair/make up professionally done. It was a good
way to spend a birthday. But. It ended up being a stressful day, because
of course, this was the first day that we got SNOW (happy freaking bday
to me)- and we had wanted to have our photos done in Kananaskis cause
the scenery is just SO beautiful. I had even taken the time off work. All
that jazz. Well! We were up for the road trip. But, when we got to Red
Deer there were mad flurries and accidents galore. So much snow. So
many cars in the ditch. I think we saw at least 10 cars in the ditch on 
our way there. And then Highway 2 was CLOSED so Tom and I took
a back high way to get there. This ended up delaying us like 1.5 hours 
and the whole time we were driving it was DARK and FOGGY. As a
photographer myself, I kept saying to Thomas, "YOU NEED LIGHT
TO TAKE PHOTOS!" But then a miracle happened. Literally as soon 
as we got to our location (Elbow Falls), the sun came out (it was 
still freezing, but we legit had sunshine and no fog), and there was
NO SNOW!!! It was such a blessing. P.S. my maternity dress
is from Pink Blush! I've gotten so many maternity clothes from
their website and I've loved everything I've gotten so far!

Week 34! My work family hosted a baby shower for me
and they totally spoiled me. Not only did we get to end our
work day an hour early to party, but they supplied me with
cash to put towards my DREAM diaper bag. I had done
so much research about the diaper bag I wanted and my
heart was set on a fawn design bag. So grateful to
those who also got Baby P cute outfits, books, sleepers,
and home made blankets! Baby P is one spoiled
little guy!!!
 


The Fawn Design Bag - how could you not want one?!
Made of leather, so it's easy to clean up messes. It has a side 
strap or back pack straps so you can be hands free. And it's
beautiful. I can't wait to use it! Thank you work family! <3


We were also super spoiled this weekend because the lovely Serena also
hosted Baby P a baby shower with family and friends! Serena did such an
awesome job- the shower theme was... na na na na na na BATMAN!!!
Check out this sweet set up:


Okay seriously- how fun is that?!?!? Baby P was so so so so so spoiled. We had about 30 friends/
family come out and the support was overwhelming. I was reminded of the phrase "it takes a
village to raise a child." I truly felt my community wrap their arms around my family. Tom and
I feel so blessed. Serena had the idea to do a "diaper raffle" so anyone who brought diapers got
their name put into a draw for a prize. It was such a cute idea and we seriously got stocked up
with diapers which will be so nice for when baby gets here!!! But it was super embarrassing. 
Most people know this but. We started with opening gifts- and the whole time I was super
hot. Like sweating my face off. But I was like "it's cause i'm pregnant. Pregnant ladies get
sweaty and hot." But then as we were about halfway through I was starting to not feel
very good at all. I started feeling dizzy, but I was sitting down so I just brushed it aside.
Well! Once we were done opening gifts it was time to play games, so I stood up out of
my chair and I thought "I'm gonna pass out." I've never had the "fainting" sensation
before- like, ever, so I thought I was gonna die (okay, not really- but it freaked me 
out). So I excused myself to the bathroom, and shouted for Tom so I wouldn't be 
alone. As soon as Tom got to the bathroom with me I started vomiting everywhere.
it was awful. And then the world above me was spinning. And then I moved to 
Serena's room to lay down, and my guests played games without me. Haha.
Oh my gosh! How humiliating. THE JOYS OF PREGNANCY. Then people
slowly started coming to say goodbye to me. And then I threw up some more.
And then I was out of commission for the rest of the weekend. 
*Face palm, face palm, face palm*


Week 36! We went to our prenatal class this week! We opted for the full, 8 hour
day instead of multiple sessions just as it worked better for our schedule. But 
it was pretty funny seeing Thomas get ancy- he was like, "what if the baby
comes early! If we don't make it to this prenatal class we won't have any 
idea what to do, where to go...!" But, you stayed put and we had a lovely
prenatal class (well, also terrifying), but it was so nice to actually go to 
the hospital and kind of, somewhat, orientate ourselves to the 
building/parking. It's nice to be able to visualize where we will 
be welcoming you into the world. 



1 comment:

  1. Jenny I love reading your posts on your blog. You're so cute. And honestly, don't worry about that weekend of your baby shower. Everyone, especially me being pregnant with twins, understands that situations like that happen! It's totally ok! I'm just glad I could be there to see your face as you opened up all of your gifts and then to be there for you while you upchucked everything!�� lol
    I can't believe we have gotten this far already and you're right...it does feel like time has flown but dragged on at the same time, well maybe for the last couple of weeks because we just want out babes out now and to see their adorable little faces! Not long now though! I sure do love ya!

    ReplyDelete